Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Re-invent yourself

Wao! So its been 5 years since my last flying post. Alot! Has happened. So to keep things simple, heres the list:

1. Separated from wife
2. Got my motorcycle license
3. Purchased a motorcycle
4. Fixed things up with wife
5. Left Brooklyn, Moved to NJ with wife and kids.
6. Due to un-faithfulness, divorced wife.
7. Ex-wife moved an hour away limiting me from seeing my children. (Just on weekends)
8. Motorcycle got stolen on the street
9. Laid off from job (after 5 years)
10. Had my first hospital admission due to an Afib episode (holiday heart syndrome, stress etc)
10. Had my first panic attack and more followed.
11. Got a new job for 6 months. Got laid off 3 weeks ago.

As I read all this, it absolutely AMAZES me that Im still here and moving forward. Wao! Smh... But there is some good news after all. Here are a few items I checked off my bucket list in the past 4 years.

1. Got my motorcycle license
2. Became a Public Speaking coach
3. Financed my first vehicle and dream car (2011 rubicon jeep wrangler)
4. Got my first personal Amex card

As you can see, Ive accomplished alot less, than the amount of negative life changing problems Ive had. And one of the main and more recent problems I've run into is my career in IT Support services.

Due to automation, cloud services etc. My job is becoming obsolete or its being contracted oversees. Companies are hirering young engineers at 14$ an hour. It is Looking grim for my 19 year career in IT.

At 42, my dreams of being settled in a career, living in a beautiful home with my wife and kids, riding my motorcycle into the sunset has been currently erased.

So, its back to the drawing board. Its time to start from 0, nada, zilch. How? By first focusing on what I need to do as an individual to better myself. I know it sounds selfish. But, when youre close to halfway your life expectancy, your heart is giving you signs of change and your last career didnt cut it. Its mandatorty for me to re-invent myself.

So, I began to search for flight schools in the NJ area where i currently reside. Im looking to go to school fulltime. I have a meeting this week and next with a flight school.

 I will keep everyone posted as I progress in this life changing process.

Jason (fwj)


No comments:

Post a Comment