Monday, February 6, 2012

Medical 3rd Class Certificate? CHECK!

A few days I waited for my appointment with one of the few FAA Medical Examiners located in Manhattan, NY (NYC)

I got to the DR's office the receptionist asked me to fill out some paper work and luckily enough I had already filled out my application from the FAA website and received a confirmation number. The receptionist asked for my confirmation number, ID and asked for me to urinate in a cup. 

I waited a few minutes and the DR. was ready to see me. While there he weighed me, checked my vision and I failed the Color seeing test, a few minutes later he checked my vision again and realized I would have a restriction on my Medical Certificate.  

We discussed my vision and why I would have a restriction and how I will need to correct it. Following that he checked my Blood Pressure and it seemed a bit high, then he checked it again and said it was good. How ever he did explain to me that I would have to make some lifestyle changes in efforts to help keep me from getting Hypertension, I took this very serious. 

All in All I was very proud to get my Airman Medical 3rd Class Certificate. Now, I can begin login in my official flight hours. Also, In the meantime I will change my eating habits, do more exercise and try to take life a bit more easy. 

Thanks Doc!

Jason Anthony Rodriguez - FWJ



No comments:

Post a Comment